Typical Infmom progression.
* Look at list of things-to-clean-before-party.
* Begin with living-room alcove full of photo storage boxes and personal tchotchkes.
* Pull everything off shelves in order to clean shelves.
* Clean shelves.
* Start putting things back.
* Go to locate earthquake-sticky-stuff, which is nowhere to be found.
* Decide, what the hell, there’s time to run over to Home Depot and buy more earthquake-sticky-stuff.
* Walk out door to go to car, discover that computer glasses are still on face, drop glasses into outsize zip pocket of new Victorinox bag.
* Decide, at Home Depot, to buy some almond gloss enamel to paint the doors in the living room, which have been half-paint-half-varnish for heaven knows how long.
* Find that locating a simple quart can of almond varnish is a far more difficult task than expected, and locating earthquake-sticky-stuff even more so.
* Pay for items via self-checkout.
* Return home.
* Discover that computer glasses have fallen out of bag at some point between home and mid-Home-Depot.
* Discover that cat has peed on kitchen rug and pooped on laundry room floor despite clean cat box with brand new litter.
* Saturate kitchen rug with Nature’s Miracle. Put on washing machine.
* Walk back in kitchen and step in residual Nature’s Miracle on floor in bare feet.
* Stick items to shelf in alcove. Return photo storage boxes to their shelf.
* Shove all other residual items from alcove into Trader Joe’s bag to be dealt with later. (this is the Official InfFamily Method of dealing with Extra Stuff)
* Notice that we don’t have enough plates to eat dinner on, and the floor in front of the sink where the rug was is still damp.
* When F’zer calls to announce he’s on the way home, suggest going OUT to dinner.Hope you'll recommend my posts via your favorite social media. Just don't copy the material as your own.